Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan: Weds, Nov. 28 - Tues, Dec. 4

Weds,  Nov. 28:
Fried Chicken from the Grocery Store

Make: Blueberry Muffins & Set up Crock Pot for Thurs


Thurs, Nov. 29:
Slow Cooker Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo over Ravioli with Caesar Salad and French Bread
(This is a recipe from a cookbook I own called Crock Pot Gourmet Slow Cooking)

This recipe didn't turn out how I anticipated. It may have been because I refrigerated it overnight before cooking, but the sauce was sort of curdle-ey and browned a bit around the edges of the crock pot. I won't make Alfredo this way again.


Fri, Nov. 30:
Ranch Style Chicken and Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Steamed Green Beans

This was my first time trying the Pioneer Woman's Ranch Style Chicken, and it was fabulous just like every recipe of hers I've tried! My husband absolutely devoured his, so I'll definitely be making this one again!


Sat, Dec. 1:
Chicken [Onions and Mushrooms] with Mustard Cream Sauce, Honey-Glazed Carrots, and Cornbread Stuffing

Also make: 1 Roast Chicken Breasts, Best Birthday Cake & Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

For this birthday cake I had to purchase buttermilk, and the smallest container at the grocery store was a quart. Now I've got a pint leftover, so I'll have to figure out ways to use it over the next week! To make matters worse I'm out of cornmeal until I go to the store again on Wednesday! Once I've been to the store I'll make a half recipe of Mini Corn Loaves with Cranberries and Pecans, a half recipe of cornbread (in my 8" cast iron skillet), and a half recipe of Buttermilk Roast Chicken to use up my buttermilk. I'm excited already :)


Sun, Dec. 2:
Bacon, Potato, Mushroom, and Cheese Stuffed Poblano Peppers; and Chicken, Bell Pepper and Cheese Enchiladas

Also make: Buttered [Chive] Rolls and Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls. I made a half recipe of the dough used in the Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls, and then I used part of the dough (7 ping-pong size balls) for the Buttered Chive Rolls and the rest of the dough for the Blueberry Lemon Sweet rolls. This made a dozen (smaller) sweet rolls and 7 chive rolls, which was more than enough for my husband and myself. I'll be forcing these sweet rolls on friends and family over the next week or so! I've also still got half of my half recipe of dough in the fridge, too. I'll be using it for dinner tomorrow. Cooking for 2 people is often incredibly challenging, but can be rewarding if you use your resources properly!


Mon, Dec. 3:
Chicken, Carrot, Celery, Potato and Onion Pot Pie Stuffed Buns

I made these in my Large Muffin Pan, and they turned out super cute! My husband ate his up, and asked to have another one for lunch tomorrow!


Tues, Dec. 4: 
Smoked Turkey Sausage, Mushroom, Bell Pepper, and Onion over Egg Noodles with a Cheese Sauce.

This was very tasty, but also somewhat greasy. Next time I would add less butter, and possibly more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment